HOW TO SETUP WIFI MIDI ON A MAC
0. Assuming Mac and iPad are on the same local network:
1. Go to Applications/Utilities and open the Audio/MIDI setup window. Select the MIDI Devices tab and double-click the Network icon.
2. In the window that appears click the '+' button under My Sessions field at the top left. A Session called Session 1 appears in the list. Click its tick box to enable it, and settings for it appear in the right hand part of the window.
3. Go to the bottom left of the window and set 'Who may connect to me' pop-up menu to 'Anyone.'
4. Go to the iPad and launch "MIDI Sliders".
5. Back on the Mac, the name of the iPad should then appear in the "Directory" panel of the MIDI Network Setup window, click the "Connect" button.
6. Launch a MIDI-aware application (Logic, Garageband, etc) to test